Fountain City™ is a full-service creative and technical digital agency. Our services span from concept to strategy, development, design, marketing and beyond. We support multiple technologies, including (but not limited to) Shopify, Drupal, WordPress, Redmine (Ruby on Rails), AWS, AngularJS, NodeJS and more. We’re a friendly, down-to-earth bunch, and lately we’ve been experiencing rapid growth.
We’re a team of remote freelancers from around the US and Canada who love what we do and work well together. As a member of our team, you’ll work on a diverse range of interesting projects, and you’ll get to have a real impact on businesses both large and small, by helping them achieve their goals.
We have an immediate need for an experienced WordPress Developer to join our growing team of freelancers for 20 hours or more per week. Work needs vary between ongoing support, iterative site improvements, WordPress plugin recommendations, template development and more complex migration projects from other CMS platforms to WordPress.
You’ll be a strong candidate if:
– You have strong WordPress template, debugging and front-end development skills.
– You’re capable of performing a site migration from a different CMS to WordPress.
– You’re comfortable using GIT to manage and push template code.
– You’re familiar with typical processes required to test and then release WP between stage and production systems.
– You’re capable of providing guidance/advice and estimates for different approaches.
– Have experience with Woocommerce: subscriptions & ACF.
– You know the basics of using SSH : Terminal access.
– You can build themes from light frameworks (example: Bootstrap).
– You have strong communication skills.
– You excel working in a remote, telecommuting environment, meaning you’re autonomous, self-driven, responsive, transparent, and self-organized.
It is advantageous if you can also develop in WordPress with PHP code and write or modify plugins. Abilities with databases is also a big plus (scripting, merging, phpmyadmin etc.). And if you have skills outside of WordPress (not required), please let us know, because we have plenty of other work to do.
We view this as a long-term engagement, so this could be a great opportunity if you’re looking for a role that involves ongoing collaboration together that could evolve into more stable hours and/or a permanent position as the company continues to grow.
When applying, please provide your resume by email and samples of previous work.