NOTE: YOU MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MISSOULA, MONTANA FOR THIS POSITION.
Fly fishing, kayaking, rafting, canoeing, surfing, cycling, mountain biking, hiking and cross country and downhill skiing are just some of the activities you can expect to enjoy here in Missoula, Montana. Almost of all the staff at Gecko live within 2 miles of our office, allowing them to walk/ride bikes every day to work . Downhill skiing is a 20 minute drive from our office door or ride your bike after work to a mountain bike trail in 10 minutes . The Clark Fork River cuts right through the heart of downtown Missoula and offers exciting whitewater rafting, canoeing and kayaking or a lazy afternoon inner tube float. Looking for a different challenge? Try your hand at surfing wave’s in the river. Carry your kayak or surfboard from our office through downtown to the wave in 10 minutes (walking) . Learn to hang glide or paraglide from the top of one of our mountains.
We never work on the weekends, which gives staff time to enjoy the beautiful state of Montana. Drive 1 hour to Flathead Lake and sail or wakeboard on one of the largest natural lakes in the country. Drive 2.5 hours to Glacier National Park and experience one of the world’s most beautiful places or go a bit further; 4 hours to Yellowstone National Park.
Missoula is consistently ranked in the top 25 towns by Outside Magazine for good reason. Our city of 80,000 people is home to the University of Montana . Nestled in the heart of the rocky mountains, an international airport allows for easy travel opportunities.
Missoula is a liberal , open-minded college town that welcomes residents from all walks of life.
Pick huckleberries in the summer or buy them at one of Missoula’s 3 Saturday farmer’s markets.
Get used to seeing deer in your front yard every morning and the occasional black bear eating apples from the tree in your backyard.
Over a dozen local breweries and distilleries compete for your business and participate in regular beer festivals. In fact, Gecko Designs was recently a proud sponsor of the spring brewfest in the center of downtown.
Missoula is full of artists and art galleries. A monthly First Friday provides the downtown area with a fun evening art walk. Local businesses (Gecko Designs included) and art galleries host artists and open their doors to the public on the first Friday of every month.
Music festivals including Missoula’s free summertime River City Roots Festival (which Gecko Designs sponsors) bring musicians from around the country to play at a downtown stage that is a 5 minute walk from our office. Local music venues and breweries regularly host musicians throughout the year.
Missoula’s city bus system is not only free, but clean, fast and safe.
Missoula’s public schools are fantastic and the city is a safe, desirable and beautiful place to raise children. The owners of the company intentionally moved their family to Missoula from bustling Chicago in order to raise their children in what many people consider the “last best place”.
At Gecko Designs our company culture is incredibly important. Our team is small and social. We laugh and play together at work as well as socially. Our office hosts video game and beer nights and we regularly make field trips to local hangouts.
In the summer, we enjoy an office-wide inner tube float down the Clark Fork River into town and in the winter, we look forward to our annual company holiday party.
That’s not all. Gecko Designs owns a retired fire truck that we drive to lunch and park in front of our office for special events.
Would you like to work with us? Show us what you can do with WordPress!
WordPress developers at Gecko Designs engineer complex, mobile-friendly, web-based solutions.
Experiencing building custom WordPress themes, plugins, coding complex layouts, developing with custom post types and custom fields is attractive.
- Plan and develop complex solutions using WordPress
- Write clean, readable, and well-documented code using W3C standards and best practices
- Transform complex custom designs in Photoshop to custom WordPress themes using CSS3 and HTML5 and PHP
- Develop plugins for WordPress
- Develop mobile friendly websites using responsive techniques
- Work closely with the development team leader and project managers to ensure on-time completion of extremely high quality projects
- Maintain efficient source control using Git
- Technical knowledge of web development technologies and methodologies
- Demonstrated excellence in bringing complex web-based solutions to market
- Ability to code pixel perfect responsive layouts from Photoshop files
- Experience with data formats including JSON and XML
- Experience with WordPress is required
- Experience with other frameworks such as Magento, React, CodeIgniter, Laravel, CodeIgniter, and responsive CSS frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap are attractive
- Experience with APIs, REST, and other web services
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and adapt to an ever-changing technical landscape
- Experience with source code management using Git
- Experience with automated deployment including Grunt
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices such as SCRUM, iterative development, unit testing, version control, issue tracking, continuous integration, and pair programming