Facebook recently made available in open beta their Messenger Customer Chat Plugin which allows you to integrate your Messenger experience directly into your website.
This plugin just makes it easy for you to add this on your website by just putting your Facebook Page ID and whitelisting your domain on your Facebook Page.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload entire
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
You will find WordPress Messenger Customer Chat Plugin menu in your WordPress admin panel.
- How can I get my Facebook Page ID?
A detailed guide is written on the plugin’s settings page. Or you can use Find Your Facebook ID to do it or on FB Page > About and scroll bottom to see it.
- I already entered my Facebook Page ID but it doens’t work. Why?
Make sure to whitelist your site’s domain in your Facebook Page > Settings > Messenger Platform. Make sure that the correct protocol and domain is saved.
“WordPress Messenger Customer Chat Plugin (WPMCCP)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Basic setup to get you started and show FB’s Messenger Customer Chat Plugin on your WordPress site.
- Add support for “ref” and “minimized” attribute. Add misc functions such as “ref_prefix” and custom “FB App ID” on the embedded FB SDK of the plugin