Atomic Smash is a web design/development agency based at Temple Studios in the heart of Bristol. Established in 2010 we find ourselves increasingly working with great organisations such as:
- Whitechapel Gallery London
- Huck magazine
- Little White Lies
- Positive News Magazine
- ۳۸ degrees
- Bristol Festival of ideas
- Studio Voltaire & House of Voltaire
- In Between Time Festival
We are looking for a full-time WordPress developer to join our existing team of 8 with at least 2 years previous industry experience at a mid-level. You will work alongside 5 other developers in our studio as well as our digital designer and UX designer. Whoever joins will be initially helping to support a complex subscription site. This project requires maintenance and new features on an almost constant basis. When not working on this single project, you will be helping with other studio projects (new and old) and helping to develop internal processes.
We need someone who is keen to learn, has a passion for the web and is looking for an opportunity to work within a small outfit. Atomic Smash has built a reputation for delivering high-quality WordPress websites and we have lots of exciting projects running through the studio.
As well as developing WordPress driven sites there is also scope for learning new technologies and expanding your skillset further. We want our team members to be constantly learning and therefore we always have internal projects which push our R&D and we are always on the lookout for conferences/talks for team members to attend.
There is a Table Tennis table, which we often use for breaks and there is also a delicious bakery right next to the office. We have a great working atmosphere and encourage out-of-office socialising. As a studio, we also participate in away days and film nights. Also, a neighbouring studio recently organised a table tennis tournament for everyone in the building.
The studio is closed for 2 weeks at Xmas which is not taken out of normal holiday allowance.
Workplace pension as expected.
Salary: £۲۵,۰۰۰ – £۳۰,۰۰۰ depending on experience.
- Evidence of previous work in an online portfolio
- Experience with WooCommerce, Subscriptions and Memberships
- Well versed with cross-browser testing
- Solid understanding of general WordPress development, including:
- Building and using CPTs
- Knowledge of how to manipulate Actions and Filters
- Taxonomies creation
- Crafting bespoke functionality inside themes or plugins
- Understanding of basic API / REST principles
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent knowledge of Responsive HTML + CSS + JQuery + SASS
- Experienced in using version control (GIT)
- Experience in handling VMs + Docker
- Experience with AWS and Digital Ocean as hosting platforms
- Knowledge of TDD and methods of continuous integration/delivery
- Familiar with Capistrano for WordPress deployments
- Understanding of CSS Grid and flexbox
- Experience with JS frameworks
Please upload your CV and a link to your portfolio. Feel free to contact the studio on 07525 031748 if you have any further questions about the position.
As part of the application process, there may be a requirement to complete a WordPress coding/programming exercise.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, ideally early/mid August.
Applicants must apply before the end of July 20th. However we will start interviewing as people apply, therefore the job may be taken before this date if the right candidate is found.
Only candidates who are chosen for an interview are guaranteed to be contacted, however, we will endeavour to get back to everyone (depending on the volume of applicants).