We are searching for a WordPress Developer to join our IT team! This is a permanent full time position working out of our Shorewood, Illinois location.
WordPress Developer duties and responsibilities:
* Designing and implementing new features and functionality
* Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
* Developing smoothly operating and high-performance pages
* Maintaining existing WordPress websites
* Participating in regular team planning to formulate ideas for improvement
* Effectively communicating on a timely basis project deadlines and work product
* Staying abreast of Google algorithm changes and updating as required
WordPress Developer requirements and qualifications:
* Knowledge and experience in creating WordPress websites, plugins and building user interfaces for web applications
* Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wire frames into working HTML pages
* Reasonable comfort using SEO tools
* Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
* Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
* Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
* Knowledge of front-end Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
* Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
* Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
* Custom database design and data migration experience is a plus
* Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years experience working in WordPress
* Health and Prescription Drug Insurance
* Vision Plan, Dental Plan and Life Insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401K Plan and Paid Vacation
* Employee Discount Purchase Plan
* Opportunity for Advancement
Floor Covering Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Background check including pre-employment screening test is required.