Do you like working on award winning websites and mobile apps? Do you love the challenge of taking great design and turning into stunning interactive experiences? Are you looking for your next challenge and the chance to do some great work in a fast-growing agency? If this sounds like you, then keep reading my friend as Beekeeper Group is looking for a WordPress Developer for our growing Hive!
You should have a firm foundational knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, strong user experience instincts, an eagerness to learn and a “get it done” work ethic. Ideally, you’ll have about three years of experience working to moving multiple projects from design to production. If you aren’t afraid of diving in and getting dirty with code to make it happen, we want to hear from you!
WHAT IS BEEKEEPER GROUP?
No, we don’t actually work with literal bees…but you should see some of the emails we get looking for help with backyard swarms! We are a public affairs firm that embraces a fresh, community-based approach to cultivate and grow our client’s hive of supporters. Our model combines trusted advocacy methods and tools with emerging media platforms to deliver upon our clients’ communications, advocacy, and public outreach goals. We are very good at what we do, and have won a whole bunch of trophies to prove it! We were even honored as the 2014 “Boutique Firm of the Year” by PRWeek Magazine.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
While the job duties are flexible based on immediate client needs, the basic responsibilities of the position include the following:
– Supporting and maintaining a large number of WordPress sites – maintaining plugin/core updates and adding or adjusting functionality
– Working with Design team to develop website from designs
– Implementing an array of APIs, CRMs, and third-party tools
– Working directly with clients on projects and answer technical questions
– Helping translate business challenges to technical solutions and vice versa for non-technical audiences
– Help manage Jr. Developers and Developer interns
– Candidates must be self-starters who are able to work well independently or as part of a team and a love of solid and engaging user experience is a MUST! Must be comfortable working in a creative, yet casual, fast-paced environment.
Other experience and skills sets we are looking for include:
– Comfortable working with preprocessors and other frontend libraries, eg. Bootstrap, Foundation and Responsive Design
– Experience building custom WordPress themes, plugins, widgets & interfaces
– Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
– Third Party API Experience (Twitter API, Facebook API, etc.) – REST, SOAP and other
– Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
– Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite 5+ (mostly Photoshop) and Sketch
– Version Control (GitHub, Subversion, etc.)
– Strong understanding of modern web design principles, user experience, information architecture, and social media
– Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
– Ability to manage your time and balance multiple projects
– Highly-creative and resourceful
– Passion and pride in your work