About Our Motley Crue:
We are passionate about one thing: helping good folks to start and operate successful businesses.
We believe that entrepreneurship is the bedrock of a healthy economy. We also believe that business ownership is NOT for everyone. For that reason, we feel it our obligation to inform the public in an unbiased manner as to both the perks and perils of business ownership.
We are a small team of seven. We work all over kingdom come. While our distance might be vast, our connection exists in our shared vision for helping others.
Our work environment is nuts-o. If you can quote comedies and spit sarcasm, you’re golden. If you’re stodgy and humorless, in the words of Kelly Clarkson…”Just walk away.”
This position is 100% remote. Most of the work can be done on your own time. However, you will be in constant communication with other team members and will need to be available as such.
Secret: shhhhh…but, you will be our first “tech” hire. We are a bunch of marketers. Our site is put together with Elmer’s glue, duct tape and bailing wire. You have to promise NOT to laugh at us – at least to our face.
We are seeking a WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins and managing out-of-the-box themes such as Genesis.
You gotta know how to make our sites fly…like 800 milliseconds or better in most cases. Mobile optimization is a must…duh!
– Designing and implementing new features and functionality
– Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
– Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
– Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
– Being an otherwise helpful tech-person. We are a small bunch and if someone has tech problems, expect them to ask you and we expect you to help.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Boatload of experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
– Plethora (fancy word, eh?) of experience in designing and developing responsive design websites
– Ninja in working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
– Samurai in understanding CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
– Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
– Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
– Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
– WP Engine Hosting Platform, Genesis Themes, Infusionsoft, Memberium, LearnDash, SEO Plugins such as SumoMe and Yoast experience all nice things to know
Look, we rock. You rock. Let’s rock and roll together!