This is a remote position where you will be required to work independently and having regular calls to discuss progress. The position is focused on backend development, so strong PHP and Object-Oriented coding is required. Knowledge of the WordPress database schema is highly-recommended, as well as working with custom post types and taxonomies etc.
- WordPress/WooCommerce plugin creation
- WordPress/WooCommerce customization
- Experience with WordPress hooks
- Experience with AJAX via WordPress (nice to have)
- Version control using Github or Bitbucket
- Comfortable working independently
- Comfortable research solutions independently
This is a part-time or of full-time position.
The work hours are flexible but there should be overlap with other developers on a daily basis.
- It is expected that the developer be responsive e.g. an email should be responded to at most within 24 hours on business days.
- The developer is expected to by on Skype or Slack in the specified work hours.
- The developer is expected to search for solutions independently whenever possible but not spend more than an hour searching for a solution and inform the employer if a solution is not found.
- The developer is expected to unit test all of their code.
- The developer is expected to document certain parts of the work being done.