Wikidata References will add a new field to tags and categories for adding a Wikidata Item ID to which
tags and categories terms will be associated to.
Also it will provide the site admin the option to add a link to those associated Wikidata items
to the head metadata section, or to the tag/category archive title.
User will also have the option to frame tag and categories archive pages links into a Schema.org
This plugin was developed under the requisites of a Wikimedia phabricator request at
You may provide arbitrary sections, in the same format as the ones above. This may be of use for extremely complicated
plugins where more information needs to be conveyed that doesn’t fit into the categories of “description” or
“installation.” Arbitrary sections will be shown below the built-in sections outlined above.
A brief Markdown Example
- Some feature
- Another feature
- Something else about the plugin
- something else
- third thing
Markdown uses email style notation for blockquotes and I’ve been told:
Asterisks for emphasis. Double it up for strong.
<?php code(); // goes in backticks ?>
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set up your settings at Wikidata References settings page
- Go to edit and categories term edit screen, and start associating your terms with
- A question that someone might have
An answer to that question.
- What about foo bar?
Answer to foo bar dilemma.
“WikiData References for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- A change since the previous version.
- Another change.
- List versions from most recent at top to oldest at bottom.