Rainforest Trust seeks a talented Web & Digital Designer. The ideal candidate will be a creative, analytical and organized problem solver, who can effectively manage delivery of interactive experiences. The primary function is regular maintenance and upgrading of the Website in response to branding, messaging and digital marketing trends. In addition, the designer is responsible for SEO and creating templates for other digital media, including email marketing campaigns.
Rainforest Trust is a highly efficient and effective U.S. non-profit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened rainforests and tropical habitat to save endangered wildlife through community engagement and local partnerships. To date, we have saved more than 17 million acres across 26 countries at 130 project sites with the ambitious goal of protecting 50 million acres by the year 2020. Our great financial efficiency and program effectiveness consistently earn us Charity Navigator’s top 4-star rating.
This is a full-time, in-house position in our office in Warrenton, VA. You must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are not able to provide visa sponsorship.
The responsibilities and duties for this position include:
• Work with range of media; integrate multi-media content into site
• Design and develop email and e-bulletin templates in email management system
• Manage a website redesign to improve the user experience; plan A/B testing options
• Develop responsive web and mobile app templates to accommodate web content, graphics and required functionality
• Implement SEO best practices and Social Meta Optimization
• Review website statistics and monitor Google Analytics
• Carry out regular reviews of competitor websites
• Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices or operating systems
• Identify and evaluate improvement options; introduce new technologies
• Perform other duties as assigned or required
The successful candidate will have:
• BS / BA university degree in related field
• ۳ years of web design and development experience, including wireframes, functional specifications and design comps
• Excellent WordPress skills and working knowledge of marketing automation tools
• Expertise in ensuring cross-browser and email client compatibility
• Attention to detail and be able to multi-task
• Ability to identify audience intention, business goals and up-to-date best practices to deliver compelling and effective interactive digital user experiences
• Desire and willingness to work independently and in collaborative team environments
• Google Analytics and SEO skills
• Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Competency with creating optimized image assets with Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite
• Experience in designing and developing interfaces for web site and mobile apps
• A personal passion for the environment and wildlife conservation
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@nullRainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.