Dawson College located in Montreal, Quebec is currently seeking a full-time, permanent Web Developer.
• Participate in user requirement meetings as instructed by the Coordinator IT Solutions or assigned Analyst
• Prepare application designs based on user requirements
• Code, test, deploy and maintain in-house developed applications
• Work with third party vendors, staff of the department and College stakeholders to implement solutions acquired
• Prepare documentation and / or user guides for deployed applications and solutions
• Prepare and conduct user training for deployed applications and solutions
• Assist in preparing, testing and implementing upgrades to the College’s systems
• Provide second level application support to the computer helpdesk team
• Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Coordinator IT Solutions
Minimum requirements are a Diplôme d’études collégiales (DEC) or Attestation d’études collégiales (AEC) in an appropriate specialization or a diploma or attestation of studies that is recognized as equivalent by the College with 4 years’ experience as a web developer or equivalent employment.
• Demonstrate strong SQL knowledge using databases such as MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL (testing may be required)
• Experience using Microsoft SharePoint, WordPress and Git is an asset
• Ability to learn new solutions quickly and effectively transfer that knowledge to the solution users
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an approach to customer service appropriate to an academic setting
• Excellent English communication skills both spoken and written (testing may be required)
• Basic conversational French (testing may be required)
Salary: $25.53 to $33.56 per hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
Non-salary benefits: Participation in the pension plan; participation in the group medical and dental insurance plans; a generous vacation allowance and statutory holidays; professional development opportunities and access to College courses; recognition of graduate degrees for salary purposes.
Interested applicants should apply directly to the Web Developer posting: https://dawson.cvmanager.com/cvm5/displaydetail.aspx?tn=jobs&mode=view&recid=343&lang=e®ion=qc&tp1=jobdetail
We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.