Postie allows you to create posts via email, including many advanced features not found in WordPress‘s default Post by Email feature.
Postie offers many advanced features for creating posts by email, including the ability to assign categories by name, included pictures and videos, and automatically strip off signatures.
Postie supports both IMAP and POP including SSL/TLS.
There is also an extensive set of filters/actions for developers to extend Postie’s functionality.
For usage notes, see the other notes page.
More info at http://PostiePlugin.com/
- Supports IMAP or POP3 servers
- SSL and TLS supported
- Control who gets to post via email
- Set defaults for category, status, post format, post type and tags.
- Set title, category, status, post format, post type, date, comment control and tags in email to override defaults.
- Specify post excerpt (including excerpt only images).
- Use plain text or HTML version of email.
- Remove headers and footers from email (useful for posting from a mailing list).
- Optionally send emails on post success/failure.
- Control the types of attachments that are allowed by file name (wildcards allowed) and MIME type.
- Optionally make the first image the featured image.
- Gallery support.
- Control image placement with plain text email.
- Templates for images so they look the way you want.
- Templates for videos.
- Templates for audio files.
- Templates for other attachments.
- Email replies become comments.