Oasis Workflow is a powerful feature rich plugin designed to automate any editorial workflow process using a simple, intuitive graphical user interface (GUI).
The plugin provides three simple process/task templates:
- Assignment – represents task related to content generation.
- Review – represents task related to content review.
- Publish – represents the actual “publish” task.
Visual Work flow Designer
– Configure your workflow using our easy drag and drop designer interface. See screen shots for more detail.
Role-Based routing definitions allow you to assign tasks dynamically
– By using role-based routing, you can ensure that your process moves forward as quickly as possible without sacrificing accountability.
– Users can view their current assignments and sign off their tasks once it’s completed.
– Define custom statuses for your editorial workflow. With custom statuses you can define your own post statuses and assign it to the success or failure path of the workflow.
Process history lets users retrace their steps
– For auditing purposes a record is created every time an article is routed through a workflow process. The process history also captures the comments added by the user during task sign off.
Reassign – How to pass the buck?
– What if you have been assigned a workflow task, but you feel you are not the appropriate person to complete it? No worry, you can use the re-assign feature to pass the task to another person.
Due Date and Email reminders help you to publish your articles on time.
Out of the box workflow
– To get you started, the plugin comes with an out of the box workflow. You can modify the workflow to suit your needs.
If you are looking for additional functionality, check out our “Pro” version – Oasis Workflow Pro: https://www.oasisworkflow.com/pricing-purchase
It comes with additional features like,
- Multiple Workflows – Allows you to create multiple workflows.
- Auto Submit – Allows you to automatically submit to workflow(s) with certain conditions.
- Revise published content and add workflow support to revised content – Use workflow to edit your published content while keeping the published article online.
- And add-ons, like “Editorial Contextual Comments”, “Teams”, “Front End shortcodes”, “Groups”
- And much more..
If you want to try out the “Pro” features, send us a message at Request a Demo Site and we will setup a demo site for you to try out the “Pro” features. As a bonus, we will also add our add-ons to the demo site.
More details for each feature, screenshots and documentation can be found on our website.
If you need help setting up the roles, we recommend Capability Manager Enhanced plugin OR User Role Editor plugin.
Oasis Workflow adds a few custom capabilities to manage your workflows. Check out Oasis Workflow Custom Capabilities
Videos to help you get started with Oasis Workflow
Creating and Editing a workflow (applicable to “Pro” version, however the same editing process can be used for “free” version)
How it works? Understand the process (applicable to both the “free” and “pro” version)
Modify a workflow which has posts/pages currently in progress (applicable to both the “free” and “pro” version)
How to manage published content via workflow – revise published content (applicable to “Pro” version only)