In order to ensure fast loading times its recommended to set long expiry dates for CSS and JS as well as make sure gzip or deflate is on.
Version 1.6 added support for HTTP2 Server Push to further speed up your requests (thanks to Daniel Aleksandersen).
Version 1.6.9 added the ability to specify the cache directory. Set MMR_CACHE_DIR & MMR_CACHE_URL constants in wp-config.php. MMR_CACHE_DIR must be full server path and MMR_CACHE_URL must be absolute URL for this to work correctly (thanks to Daniel Aleksandersen).
Note Installing this plugin on a server with the eAccellerator module installed has the potential to break as Minify uses anonymous functions which return NULL. View eAccellerator Issue Thread
- Merges JS and CSS files to reduce the number of HTTP requests
- Handles scripts loaded in the header & footer
- Compatable with localized scripts
- Creates WP-Cron for minification as this can take some time to complete
- Minifies JS with Google Closure (requires php exec) with fallback to Minify
- Minifies CSS with Minify
- Failed minification doesn’t break the site. Visitors will instead only see the merged results
- Stores Assets in /wp-content/mmr/ folder
- Uses last modified date in filename so any changes to JS or CSS automatically get re-processed and downloaded on browser refresh
- View status of merge and minify on settings page in WordPress admin
- Option to enable http2 server push (thanks to Daniel Aleksandersen)
- Option to enable output buffering for compatability and so footer scripts can be HTTP2 pushed
- Ability to turn off minification
- Ability to turn off concatination
- Ability to manually ignore scripts or css
- Ignores conditional scripts and styles
- Ability to specify cache directories