If you are getting a 500 Internal Server Error after you install an application like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. from within Plesk, then you may need to reset FastCGI on your account using the steps below.
The error would look similar to this:
For application install issues on Plesk 10 for Windows, log into Plesk control panel. Then follow the steps pictured.
- Click on the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click on the domain name near the bottom of the page.
- Uncheck the box next to PHP support.
- Click OK. This will take you back to the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click on your domain name again.
- Check the box next to PHP support.
- Click OK again.
- Refresh your page CTRL+F5.
If this does not solve your problem, please contact HostGator support.