Van Patten Media Inc. and Tomodomo are hiring a junior WordPress theme and/or plugin developer.
The ideal developer has extensive experience on the WordPress platform, and may also have experience with the broader modern PHP ecosystem (familiarity with Composer, Laravel, modern template engines like Twig, etc.).
This position is a contract position, for 15–۲۰+ hours per week, paying between $35–۶۰ per hour.
Tasks may include:
- Creating a custom plugin to make API calls based on data submitted with Gravity Forms
- Hooking into a user registration form to add additional fields
- Building theme templates from existing HTML and CSS
- Running site updates in a local dev environment, QA testing those updates in a remote staging environment, and deploying the changes to a remote production environment
- Making small CSS updates (via Sass)
Bonus points if you have existing experience working with Gravity Forms, Restrict Content Pro, WooCommerce, and/or Advanced Custom Fields.
In addition to WordPress experience, it’d be great if you were comfortable in HTML and Sass/CSS, as well as modern Node.js-based tooling systems (we use Gulp). If not, we’ll train you!
Internally, we use GitHub, Asana, Google Docs, Harvest, and Slack to communicate and collaborate. Familiarity with those tools is helpful.
Availability during at least half of US Eastern daylight hours (9am–۵pm) is essential, but you don’t need to be located anywhere specific.
Via the form URL, please submit:
- A link to a sample of a plugin you’ve built (if available)
- A link to a sample of a theme you’ve built (if available)
- Any other relevant open source work (a GitHub link is always appreciated)
- A short description of why you choose to work with WordPress, and your experience with development outside of WordPress
- Any other relevant information
We’ll follow up with qualified candidates to schedule a Skype interview. Please note that we cannot respond to all submissions.
We especially invite applications from members of historically under-represented groups.