You will be assisting the lead developer in developing new features and functionality. Ideally, you have a solid WordPress & full stack base and are eager to learn more.
- Develop / implement custom new features & functionality
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme and plugins.
- Ensure high-performance & readability of code
- Help guide the website’s architecture
Skills and Qualifications:
- ۲+ years of experience with WordPress & the WP stack.
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Third Party API Experience (Twitter API, Facebook API, etc.) – REST, SOAP and other
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Experience building custom WordPress themes, plugins, widgets & interfaces
- Version Control (GitHub, Subversion, etc.)
Great to haves:
- SASS/LESS knowledge
- Shell scripting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO.