Full Stack WordPress Developer
Who you are
You’re a sharp developer with expert-level skills in both front and backend development. You use this knowledge to create amazing user-facing web experiences but can also work with the underlying technical systems to get the right data in the right place.
You enjoy working in teams on large scalable platforms. Specifically speaking, you have experience working with WordPress and you can utilize your skills with PHP and HTML to get the right information to show up in the place as designed.
You love solving problems and can build solutions without being micro-managed. You’ll be putting your hard-earned expertise to use by creating engaging mobile-first web experiences that support our growing media properties used by millions of people everyday. If you’re driven to create superior websites and deliver a superb user experience, it’s time to apply at Grandex.
Who we are
Grandex is on a mission to create a one of a kind company that combines entertainment media and ecommerce. We excel at building brands and growing passionate audiences. We operate the media brands Total Frat Move, Total Sorority Move, and Post Grad Problems, in addition to the apparel/commerce brands Rowdy Gentleman, and Man Outfitters.
Our media brands collectively reach hundreds of millions of eyeballs annually across the web, mobile apps, social media, and traditional media platforms (including a New York Times best-selling novel). This platform allows us to increase awareness of our apparel and menswear stores. The relationships between our media and commerce brands requires us to solve unique problems in a constantly changing environment.
We’re growing fast – we’ve won the Austin Business Journal’s Fast 50 company award two years in a row – and we need people who can work in a dynamic and fun workplace. Want to know more? Visit Grandex.co.
As a full stack developer, you’ll:
- Develop key components and new features for our websites and mobile applications that are enjoyed by millions of people every month
- Assist our advertising operations team monetize the content we publish by working with various advertising platforms and filling analytics and reporting needs
- Help build out an ongoing user acquisition and engagement strategy for our media audience
- Build and interact with the APIs that connect and power our businesses
- Work interchangeably with our advertising, editorial, and marketing teams to drive our company’s exponential growth
What does it take to do this job?
- ۲-۳ years of relevant experience
- Solid experience developing and maintaining WordPress themes and plugins, as well as WordPress functions and hooks
- Good understanding of MySQL queries
- Understanding of code versioning tool Git
- A thorough understanding web application architecture
- Experience solving large-application and user-level problems dealing with performance and scalability
- BS or BA in math, engineering, computer science or related field is preferred
- A passion for innovation in the digital media and e-commerce fields
- A sense of humor (some of your co-workers are full time comedy writers)