FULL-STACK PHP/WORDPRESS DEVELOPER (INTERMEDIATE)
Realty Butler is looking for a full-time in-house full-stack PHP/Front-end developer to join our growing engineering team.
Our core client platform is built with PHP, React and WordPress Multisite. We use proven tools, and as always looking to invest in new technologies.
You will be responsible for building new features and products—both client facing and for internal use—and maintaining existing systems.
Realty Butler is re-imagining how REALTORS® conduct business by freeing them to hone in on their areas of strength. To do this, we provide them a team to take care of time-sucking tasks like social media, design and more. This makes things simple, and we believe that simple is better.
This is an opportunity to join a high-growth, early-stage company that is building something remarkable.
- A post-secondary degree in computer science (or related discipline), or equivalent experience
- ۲ Years experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Understanding of WordPress filters, hooks, queries, custom post types, custom fields, taxonomies, template, and the Customize API
- Familiarity with the WordPress coding standards
- Knowledge and experience beyond WordPress
- Experience with object caching technologies Memcached
- Experience with PHP 7 and modern development practices
- Up to date on Web standards, responsive design, optimization techniques and best practices
- Good eye for detail and spotting bugs
- Ability to communicate with the team—the good and the bad
- Desire to work with the rest of the development team to ship code adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to bust ass, but never hurry
- Experience with the WordPress REST API and WordPress Multi-site
- Committed code back to WordPress Core
- Experience with unix shell scripting (Bash or PHP CLI scripts and CRON)
- Experience or curiosity with any of these: NPM Scripts, React, Mustache, Laravel, Fat-Free Framework, RESTful APIs, Git, Vagrant
- Experience with the following APIs: Google Analytics, Facebook, MailChimp
How to Apply
- Submit a cover Letter—outline why you would like to work with us; and please ask us questions!
- Submit your resume—including references
- Code samples—share some code with us
Apply here or even better, at our website: https://realtybutler.co/careers/
Submissions missing any of these steps may not be considered. You will only be contacted if you application is successful.
Successful candidates should expect
- An online or phone interview
- An in-office PHP code test
- An in-person interview with our CTO and Lead Developer
No recruiters, no phone calls or faxes.