We’re looking for a senior full-stack WordPress Developer to join our remote team.
WHO WE ARE
Appoggio is a team of designers and developers. We work remotely, and in location and at an intense pace. We’re dedicated to pushing ourselves and our clients to make beautiful things. Because we find the same predictable approach to design unbearable and boring.
WHAT WE DO
Full service design in digital and print, from logos and brand identities to web design and illustration – we’ve done it all and then some. Our clients are entrepreneurs, small businesses and medium-sized corporations in the hospitality and entertainment industries.
YOUR DEVELOPER DUTIES
– Build custom theme functionality on WordPress platform
– WordPress plugin integration and development
– Taking Photoshop based designs (PSDs) and creating HTML & reusable components that integrate into new or existing CMS
– Estimate tasks to facilitate iteration planning
– Be hands-on with QA on all devices and browsers, especially on feature or site launch
– Understanding of front-end optimization, reduction of page sizes, improvement of page rendering, mobile caveats
– Consult on basic on-site SEO best practice implementation
– During outages or issues you will be called upon to assist other team members with investigations, repairs or processes such as incident management. You may also be required to assist with special projects, researching or other duties as needed
– Work both independently and collaboratively with Project Manager, Creative Director and Developers
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– This is a remote work position, so you must have a reliable, high speed internet connection.
– Post secondary education
– Agency experience is highly desirable
– 2+ years professional web dev experience
– Expert knowledge of our stack: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS, and WordPress.
– Is comfortable with MySQL and the architecture of the WordPress database
– Has developed custom WordPress themes or plugins using PHP, WordPress hooks, WordPress filters, etc.
– Deep functional knowledge of Google Analytics and other tools for data analysis
– Knowledge of ecommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce
– Ability to work remotely with reliable high speed internet
– Has an eye for good design and clean user interfaces
– Is excited by the web and keep up with new technologies and techniques
– Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
– Ability to hit the ground running on a daily basis, and meet tight deadlines
– Creative thinker with attention to detail
– Experience working with performance measurement and optimization
– User interface design skills using Photoshop or Sketch
– Experience with mobile application development (iOS or Android)
HOW TO APPLY
Fill up the Application Form
Candidates who do not apply through the form will not be considered.
– Flexible hours
– This is a part-time freelance opportunity with chances for a full-time contract in the future
If you are a dynamic and energetic person looking to start with a growing company, Appoggio is looking for you! If you feel that you may be suitable for this role, then please apply now!