At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most meaningful purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
Ideally, you’re someone who’s driven to tackle hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
We strive to bring simplicity and clarity to all the work we produce. A Design Engineer realizes the value of crafting intentional, efficient design and code to help us scale quickly and consistently across all our digital channels. Digital experiences form an integral part of our brand expression, so we look for those who holistically consider the myriad aspects that bring this presentational layer to life.
As a Design Engineer on the design team, you’ll work primarily on our WordPress powered website, blend.com, helping to bring communications or interactions to life. Whatever the challenge, you understand that efficiency and commitment to detail will drive the most impact. We are guided by a set of design principles and values to help us make decisions that scale.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Partner with designers, developers and marketers to spec, build and QA new pages on blend.com
- Continually audit and steward excellence across existing webpages, email templates, and other digital channels as needed
- Help craft and maintain Blend’s digital visual and brand guidelines
- Partner with both Product and Brand Designers to adapt designs into various specs and requirements for interactive, and other digital and print needs
- ۵+ years front-end design experience
- Strong skills in web standards — HTML, CSS, JS (jQuery at least), and some understanding of PHP
- Strong understanding of WordPress workflows and theme hierarchy and development
- Proficiency in using design tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Abstract, etc.)
- Comfortable working within and maintaining established design systems
- Understanding of fundamental design skills like color, typography, layout, etc.
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Meticulously organized, caring about the details
More information on https://blend.com/careers/