Pollen Brands is a purpose-driven design agency in NYC. We design beautiful websites for clients who in large and small ways are making the world a better place, including healthy food brands, natural skincare, environmentally and socially innovative startups and nonprofits. You can see the kind of work you may do in the case studies at our website, pollenbrands.com.
We are seeking a full time junior to mid-level front-end WordPress developer to assist our Lead Developer. This position is remote or from our office in NYC, depending on your location.
The most important qualities that you must possess are:
- Innate common sense and problem-solving abilities.
- An eager, humble desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to read everything provided to you by your team and our clients. Powerful attention to detail. Recognition of the importance of the small details both aesthetically and according to client specs.
- A commitment to producing meaningful work for clients.
- Mastery of the tools of the trade.
- A positive, proactive attitude coupled with a desire to prove that you can become a senior member of our team.
- Very strong time-management and communication skills written and spoken. An organized approach to your work and eagerness to follow our procedures and processes.
- Varied interests and a voracious appetite for knowledge.
Good additional skills include:
You will be nurtured and mentored to develop very well rounded skills, analytical thinking, exceptional customer service, efficient personal time management and organization skills, creative thinking and exceptional programming skills, but you must possess an innate capacity for all of these and a strong willingness to improve and work hard.
Our office is located at the Centre for Social Innovation in Chelsea, an amazing co-working space full of purposeful entrepreneurs, interesting social events and great coffee. If you live in NYC, you can work in our office, but this position can also be filled remotely.
This position will start on a freelance, trial basis and will develop into a full time position for the right person. Because we are looking for someone primarily based on innate abilities and attitude, we are willing to consider interns, recent grads and more experienced developers. As such, compensation is negotiable.
If you feel that you are the person for this job, please email a personalized cover letter explaining how you fit this description and why you want to work for Pollen, your resume and a sample of your most relevant work, to email@example.com. Do not contact us through the website or call about this position.