Endomondo is a sports community based on free real-time GPS tracking of running, cycling, etc. Bring your mobile on the track and get a complete training log. You can show your workout on WordPress with Endomondo WP.
Download the plugin from WordPress Site, install it and add EndomondoWP on page/post
It’s easy, add the shortcode [ endomondowp user=“XXXX” ] and swap “XXXX” with your Endomondo ID. You can find your id on URL of your endomondo profile http://www.endomondo.com/profile/XXXX
DEMO and INFO
It’s opened to extensions
You can use it on your plugin or into “Page Template” (see Page Templates « WordPress Codex ) with the function do_endomondowp(…) or with 4 custom actions!!
If you want to control the view, you can add these attributes on shortcode
- user: The endomondo User ID
- type: The type of view (default is ‘last-workout’)
- id: unique id of element (default is random number)
- width: the width of page (default is 680)
- height: the height of page (default is 600)
If you want to customize the style of view, you can add css and use the hook!!
You can use the EndomondoWP on your plugin! Otherwise you can use it on your current theme. In according to Codex, you can modify the current theme with “Child Themes « WordPress Codex”,
with a new “Page Templates « WordPress Codex” or simply modify directly the php file of theme. In any of this case you can add a invocation of function do_endomondowp(…) and you will have same action of shortcode.
Also the parameters of function are the same of shortcode.
Otherwise on your plugin or on your function.php you can add one hook to one of 4 action and you can run your custom code.
The allowed action are show below and every action have the same parameter of do_endomondowp(…) function:
- pre_ewp_show action. It’s called before do_endomondowp(…) function
- post_ewp_show action. It’s called after do_endomondowp(…) function
- pre_ewp_shortcode action. It’s called before invocation of all shortcode [endomondowp …]
- post_ewp_shortcode action. It’s called after invocation of all shortcode [endomondowp …]