CollectionPress provides a variety of features for building author or researcher pages within WordPress.
Items archived in DSpace can also be displayed through CollectionPress.
- Install CollectionPress,
- Configure CollectionPress by setting up a connection to the dspace demo,
- Create a WordPress Page. This page will be used for displaying your DSpace items,
- Select the Page you have just created using the Select Item Page dropdown, available in the CollectionPress general settings,
- Create a page or blog post. Add the collectionpress shortcode to pull an author’s items.
Available settings for configuring CollectionPress are:
Rest Url is used to configure the DSpace REST endpoint. An example endpoint might look like:
The Item Url provides a general url for creating links to items. In DSpace this might look like:
Select Item Page
An item page is used to display a DSpace item directly via the REST API. You will need to create a WordPress Page and assign it using the Select Item Page dropdown.
Select Author Page
The author page displays a list of Author Pages. You will need to create a WordPress Page and assign it using the Select Author Page dropdown.
CollectionPress provides a feature called Author Pages.
Author Pages can be used for displaying information about an author or researcher, such as name, bio and location. You can also configure the Author Page to display the author’s items.
To manage your Author Pages, click on “Authors” from the wp-admin main menu.
Link a Registered User to an Author Page
You can link a registered author by editing the Author Page:
- Scroll to “Author Details”,
- Check “Show Posts for this author”,
- Select the registered WordPress author from the drop down list,
The CollectionPress shortcode allows you to include DSpace item lists within blog posts, pages and other content which can parse shortcode.
The basic CollectionPress shortcode.
The type of list to display. The default is “items”.
DSpace Items by Author
Lists the items associated with an author.
[collectionpress list=”items” author=”Author Name”]
The author parameter must exactly match the author name in DSpace.
Lists all authors who have an Author Page.
[collectionpress list=”authors” limit=”۱″]
The number of records to display per page.
CollectionPress output can be overridden in your WordPress Theme.
All templates are located in frontend/template. To override copy files from frontend/template to your theme’s collectionpress directory then modify to meet your requirements.