Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets
Turn your blog into a bank: Let your users deposit, withdraw, and transfer bitcoins and altcoins on your site.
At a glance
It enables financial transactions on your site via Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies.
What is available today
- A fully functional cryptocurrencies API stack, that enables communication to wallets via:
- PHP calls from your themes and plugins,
- a JSON API, accessible to logged in users,
- the frontend UI, available via a simple set of shortcodes.
- A built-in Bitcoin adapter that redirects requests to a bitcoin daemon.
- Transaction and accounting data is held on special tables in your MySQL database.
The Bitcoin core accounting API is not used since it is being deprecated.
- An import/export functionality to backup transactions to and from CSV files.
What is on the roadmap
This plugin is already useful today, but will be extended over the coming months:
If you are a developer you may decide to contribute towards this effort by building one or more of these components yourself.
Ultimately the Wallets cryptocurrency stack should be a community effort.
Wallets plugin overview
This is the core plugin that takes care of basic accounting functionality:
- A financial PHP API: Calls that let the logged in user handle their cryptocurrencies.
- A JSON API: JSON requests of the above.
- Simple shortcodes: These let you display frontend forms for common tasks.
- transfer funds,
- view past transactions
- Accounting for your users. Data is held in a table in your MySQL database.
- Backup and restore transactions: A robust mechanism to backup transactions to external
- Extensible architecture
- Easily install coin adapter plugins to use other cryprocurrencies besides Bitcoin.
- Easily install extension plugins that talk to an accounting API to provide additional functionality.