This plugin will enable you to automatically send a WooCommerce product as a post to your social media account.
The post will include the product’s title description, product’s url, your hashtags, and will specify if the item is
on sale and if so can include the percentage discount amount. The image will automatically be pulled from the product’s url.
The product’s long url will be appended with a random string (ex. /~hR5s7a) and this full link will be shortened with Bitly
(you will need a Bitly API user code). You will need to add a REWRITE rule to your .htaccess file.
You will also need Twitter, Facebook and bitly API Codes to allow auto posting. You can aquire these by following the instructions in the help section of the plugin.
- Ability to automatically post your WooCommerce products to Facebook and Twitter.
- Post on a schedule such as every hour, every 2 hours, every 4 hour or every 8 hours.
- Very easy setup! Once setup is completed the plugin will run itself on your schedule.
- Plugin is self contained in that it will not change or alter any products or WooCommerce settings.
- You choose which products are posted by selecting the categories the product is assigned to.
- The schedule can be paused at any time by just by selecting the option on the schedule tab.
- Includes an uninstaller to clean up all database entries used by this plugin.
PRO Version coming soon!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enter your Twitter, Bitly and Facebook API information on the ‘Settings’ pages.
- Select the categories of products to post and set your schedule.
- Add the REWRITE rule to your .htaccess file.
- How do I correct the times shown in the plugin?
If the times showing in this plugin are wrong, please check to make sure your time zone is correctly set in WordPress. In the admin menu, select the SETTINGS menu, and then GENERAL. Scroll down the page to TIME ZONE and make sure your city is selected. (NOTE: If you are running this plugin in a testing environment on a localhost server, set the time to UTC which will be your localhost server time.) If it is not the correct city, change it and save your settings. When the page reloads double check that the time zone city and your LOCAL time are correct. This should adjust the times shown in the plugin.
If your time zone city was correct and your local time is correct on the WordPress settings page, then you may have a plugin that is affecting your default time zone. To see if this is the case, deactivate (just deactivate, do not uninstall or delete) each of your other plugins one by one until you find the one causing the issue. If you can not find a solution then please submit a bug report.
- Why is the title of my product being truncated?
When your product title is shortened, you will see two periods at the end; “..” which signifies it has been truncated. This process is due to either the length of your title, the length of your hashtags or a combination of both. Twitter posts must not exceed 140 characters, so to keep within that amount we trim some off the title only to make it fit.
- Where is the REWRITE rule for the htaccess file?
The rewrite rule can be found at the bottom of the TWITTER & BITLY ACCESS CODES Tab.
“Auto Post WooCommerce Products” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Initial Release 11/08/2017